Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GCC 6.2 Compiler Released

Phoronix: GCC 6.2 Compiler Released

GCC 6.2 is now available as the first stable update to this year's GCC 6/6.1 compiler release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Where the *$#k is it released ? It's not on their ftp server nor on nearest mirrors. I hate those announcements. How aobut tarbzipping and uploading it at least on main server before announcement ?

Comment

GCC 6.2 and LLVM 3.9 are not really comparable release events. GCC's new second number is a old-style third number, so it is compable to a LLVM 3.8.2 release.

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
        GCC 6.2 and LLVM 3.9 are not really comparable release events. GCC's new second number is a old-style third number, so it is compable to a LLVM 3.8.2 release.
        Right, obviously. Was mostly just mentioning that LLVM 3.9 is also coming this week.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I've got it compiled and I'm re-emerging my system now, still seeing the same issues with some packages with, LTO, O3 and Graphite as before, maybe they'll be fixed for GCC 7.1

Comment

I think they should add a few more major revisions to this release to make sure that we really get progress...
            It's like watching Firefox approaching 50 and it is still the same crap from a user point of view as it has always been.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
              I've got it compiled and I'm re-emerging my system now
              -omgoptimized trolling in 3...2...1...

Comment

Originally posted by Brane215 View Post
                Where the *$#k is it released ? It's not on their ftp server nor on nearest mirrors. I hate those announcements. How aobut tarbzipping and uploading it at least on main server before announcement ?
                I was thinking the same thing lol. Had to pull it from SVN so I could start building, I see that it's finally released now though

Off the bat, I can tell it's much faster than 6.1 (which was dog slow compared to 5.x). Looks like they fixed some speed regressions: https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/buglist..._milestone=6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Brane215 View Post
                  I got it from here ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/releases/g...-6.2.0.tar.bz2 and rebuilt libtool afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by hussam View Post

I got it from here ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/releases/g...-6.2.0.tar.bz2 and rebuilt libtool afterwards.
                    Why do you need to rebuild libtool after gcc upgrade ?

Comment

Working...
                    X