Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Might Be Seeing A Linux Release

Phoronix: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Might Be Seeing A Linux Release

Today marked the release of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for Windows gamers and there's signs it might see a native Linux port...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Awesome.

Comment

There might be a possibility, they already bundle it with the Steam Controller, maybe Valve wants it on SteamOS too...

Comment

There will be no Linux port because Deus Ex Mankind Divided contains Denuvo DRM which supports Windows only.

Comment

Originally posted by r1348 View Post
          There might be a possibility, they already bundle it with the Steam Controller, maybe Valve wants it on SteamOS too...
          It's also going to be bundled with the new 6 and 8 core Zen CPUs. I'm hoping to get one of those (assuming it benchmarks ok) so that along with Linux support sounds pretty awesome to me.

Comment

"I never asked for this"... oh I mean I DID!

Comment

*can't edit my post*

Anyway, there's too much info there, depot size is >36Gb, executable name "DeusExMD.sh" and so forth.

Comment

Feral's been teasing it on their facebook space for ages, so i had my hopes up. It's good to finally get something a bit more solid on that.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                  There will be no Linux port because Deus Ex Mankind Divided contains Denuvo DRM which supports Windows only.
                  DRM is just a layer on top of the game, they could easily strip it out for Linux and use Steam if the publisher agrees.

Comment

Like the Witcher 3 Linux release?

Comment

Working...
                    X