Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 367.44 Stable Linux Driver Released

Phoronix: NVIDIA 367.44 Stable Linux Driver Released

While the NVIDIA 370 Linux driver series is currently in beta, the 367 driver series has been updated as the latest long-lived branch release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great. I hope they have finally fixed the low frame rate problem I have with all OpenGL applications. When this gets to RPMFusion and I have time to test this (read: play some games), I'll comment here if it's fixed. It may take some time as it doesn't appear right away.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomin View Post
      I hope they have finally fixed the low frame rate problem I have with all OpenGL applications.
      Is that with certain model NVIDIA cards? because the original poster of that problem has a GTX 560. I would hope this wasn't a problem for 900/1000 series cards.

Comment

Since his card successfully died, it might be not bug at all - just showcase of a dying card

GTX-560 Ti died a couple of weeks ago

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post

Is that with certain model NVIDIA cards? because the original poster of that problem has a GTX 560. I would hope this wasn't a problem for 900/1000 series cards.
          Mine is GTX 460, I hope it's not dying, but then again it would be a good reason to get a new card.

Comment

Any news if we'll get an updated 340 legacy driver that compiles against kernels 4.6/4.7?

Comment

Originally posted by chepati View Post
              Any news if we'll get an updated 340 legacy driver that compiles against kernels 4.6/4.7?
              If the 340 branch isn't EOLd, then yes.

Comment

Installed it yesterday, did a test sleep which worked but this morning the desktop tried to startup then turn off this kept happening until i pulled the power.
                back on 361.

Comment

Still get a corrupted screen when locking/unlocking my sessions or switching from virtual terminal back to gnome-shell.

Comment

Working...
                  X