Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polychromatic Provides A Nice UI To Razer Keyboards/Mice On Linux

Phoronix: Polychromatic Provides A Nice UI To Razer Keyboards/Mice On Linux

Razer keyboards, mice, and other peripherals are very popular with gamers. However, the company has never provided an official control UI / driver for managing their devices under Linux while various open-source projects have filled the void...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

razerCommander also exists which seems to cover most of the functions of razer peripherals:

Comment

I'm curious, did the authors of those projects try to get the sponsorship of Razer company? Because that's how it works in general: you're doing a nice app/library, and then searching for support from companies on the market.

I.e. I'd speculate that this is how EFL got support from Samsung, I doubt that Samsung would choose EFL over more known and widely used Qt. It's just that devs have to make the first step.

Comment

Samsung chose EFL based on their internal performance benchmarks, not some proposal by EFL devs. Source: Samsung dev at thedailywtf.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Angel View Post
          I'm curious, did the authors of those projects try to get the sponsorship of Razer company? Because that's how it works in general: you're doing a nice app/library, and then searching for support from companies on the market.
          Yeah right, because Razer is giving a damn. SUre they have a opensauce VR somewhere, but sponsoring (or even making themselves, as if it was hard) drivers and software for their stuff... nope.

I.e. I'd speculate that this is how EFL got support from Samsung, I doubt that Samsung would choose EFL over more known and widely used Qt. It's just that devs have to make the first step.
          There are some rumors that it's because it was done by clueless management types (not unlike most Samsung decisions).
          I work for a certain corporation which uses a certain product. This is its story. To put the quality of this product into perspective, let me say it’s been in development for about 20 years and has pretty much no users (besides my corp and some “hey - let...

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            I work for a certain corporation which uses a certain product. This is its story. To put the quality of this product into perspective, let me say it’s been in development for about 20 years and has pretty much no users (besides my corp and some “hey - let...
            Wow! Haven't worked with EFL yet. Is he serious or is that some sort of April fools?

"SPANK! SPANK! SPANK! Naughty programmer!"
            "You bitch!”

WTF?! Is EFL related to TrumpScript?

Not that I mind easter eggs. But

1. they shouldn't get in the way.
            2. They should be cute, funny or interesting, not misogynistic or downright childish crap.

Comment

"Razer keyboards, mice, and other peripherals are very popular with gamers."
              Not with this one. I say away from Razer ever since they started requiring an online account to use a mouse. Logitech software is probably just as crappy, but at least it doesn't require an account. So far.

Comment

Oh My God… This strikes me down to a stunned state. And I'm not kidding.

See, I played a bit with Enlightenment, and I know it as among the best DEs I've ever seen (I'd put it on the same place with KDE). It is designed extraordinarily smart, I dare to say everything just shines in there. It has some problems tho, but what DE has none?

Now, here's the facts: Enlightenment is in development for 19 years, and despite being… not so as unused, but rather very little known, the author (Rasterman) never gives up. So, Rasterman must be a super devoted developer. He has a Wikipedia page, which, in short, is about him having a great experience in development.

A smart, experienced, and devoted dev… And the link turns everything upside down! That's, like… How is that possible? The guy I imagined, and the one from the article are like Batman against a bum — nothing in common!

Comment

Originally posted by unixfan2001 View Post

Wow! Haven't worked with EFL yet. Is he serious or is that some sort of April fools?

"SPANK! SPANK! SPANK! Naughty programmer!"
                  "You bitch!”

WTF?! Is EFL related to TrumpScript?

Not that I mind easter eggs. But

1. they shouldn't get in the way.
                  2. They should be cute, funny or interesting, not misogynistic or downright childish crap.
                  The "You bitch!" never actually existed in EFL, it was just the word "bitch" as in "complain".

Comment

Code:
                    Error while saving content: SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected non-whitespace character after JSON data at line 1 column 18 of the JSON data
                    I get this every time I (try to) submit a post..

Comment

Working...
                    X