Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nouveau Gets A LED Driver To Control Light-Up GeForce Logos

Phoronix: Nouveau Gets A LED Driver To Control Light-Up GeForce Logos

For those with a TITAN X or other high-end GPUs that have a configurable light-up "GeForce" LED sign along the edge of the graphics card, a new Nouveau driver allows manipulating those LEDs...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

most important feature! How can we convince windows gamer to switch over to Linux, if we don't even have decent LED support!

Comment

Congrats!
      If I spend 1 000 bucks in a GC I want it to flash dude!

Comment

In Brazil we have a funk song that says "Bring the drink that blinks" referring to when one buys an expensive champagne =P

Comment

I wasn't aware that LED could be controlled at all. For a spare time hack this is nifty though. Sure, I'd rather see some performance tweaks or more GL specs supported but at least it's a feature that hasn't been done before.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
            I wasn't aware that LED could be controlled at all. For a spare time hack this is nifty though. Sure, I'd rather see some performance tweaks or more GL specs supported but at least it's a feature that hasn't been done before.
            maxwell has even rgb LEDs, fancy fancy, for even more performance!

Comment

OMG this will double graphics card performance. Just like the JEGS and FlowMaster stickers on my car.

Comment

"Users may also implement some breathing effect or morse code support in the userspace if they feel like it."
                This is just the beginning. Now someone will find a way to use this led as fps indicator or GPU load or temp or whatever.

THE WORLD WILL NOT BE THE SAME AGAIN.

Comment

Meanwhile, my case doesn't even have a window. There could be a whole fantastic lightshow going on in my case and I'd never know.

Just the way I like it, damnit!

Comment

I have a normal GFX970 and it also has annoying lights on it that changes sometimes. Can this driver or another turn the shit off?

Comment

Working...
                    X