Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor Updates To The Phoronix Forums, Registration

Phoronix: Minor Updates To The Phoronix Forums, Registration

Just as a quick notice if you've had problems registering the past few days in the forums, etc...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Are there old, lurking spam bot accounts? If not, the age of the account could determine if the edit button appears or not. Another method forums often use is post count. If you have a spam bot that's more than a month old or has 100+ posts, exploiting the edit button is the least thing you should worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
      Are there old, lurking spam bot accounts? If not, the age of the account could determine if the edit button appears or not. Another method forums often use is post count. If you have a spam bot that's more than a month old or has 100+ posts, exploiting the edit button is the least thing you should worry about.
      Right, but this is all about developing then a new plugin. Obviously thought of account lengthy / forum post count as initial thoughts, but not trivial to do. I have no experience with VB's API, etc. So all a big time consumer and thus not an immediate priority.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

This new forum has been consistently worse than the old one from last year or so. Annoying JS that moves the page while you’re trying to read, no blocklist feature, no real page change.

Comment

Also tells me I have 67 unread messages when I have read everything already.

Comment

Hm actually it’s worse than that: looks like I didn’t get mails to notify me of new posts in my subscribed threads…

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
              Hm actually it’s worse than that: looks like I didn’t get mails to notify me of new posts in my subscribed threads…
              I think whenever a users post gets stuck in the mod queue it fails to send email notifications to other users subscribed to that thread. There may be other circumstances, but I think that's one.

Comment

why would myself or anyone email an IP Address to you Michael? thats Private dont ya think , emailing a Traceroute ok but IP address to? i dont think so

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
                  why would myself or anyone email an IP Address to you Michael? thats Private dont ya think , emailing a Traceroute ok but IP address to? i dont think so
                  In order to do a reverse trace route...
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

In order to do a reverse trace route...
                    still Private info Michael, i'd like to think there's people out there that like there security , im one of them,

Comment

Working...
                    X