No announcement yet.

Intel Lost Another Open-Source Driver Developer To Google Earlier This Summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Lost Another Open-Source Driver Developer To Google Earlier This Summer

Phoronix: Intel Lost Another Open-Source Driver Developer To Google Earlier This Summer

There was another long-time Intel open-source Linux graphics driver developer that left the company earlier this summer and is now working at Google on the Chrome/Chromium OS graphics stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

this isnt good, who is gonna make anv fast now?

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
      this isnt good, who is gonna make anv fast now?
      intel is a giant company, they can hired more people

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me much if Intel ends up outsourcing most graphics development.

Comment

They are also trying to save money. You can hire someone a couple years out of school for less than half of what they have to pay these guys. This sort of worker also doesn't have to unlearn a bunch of stuff from 10+ years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
            It wouldn't surprise me much if Intel ends up outsourcing most graphics development.
            They already outsourced the interface of their driver in Windows so all is possible.

Concerning developpers : yes Google is better, you can play ping-pong.

Comment

Originally posted by nille_kungen View Post
              it wouldn't surprise me much if intel ends up outsourcing most graphics development.
              gma500.

Comment

Originally posted by speculatrix View Post

gma500.
                I was thinking about software development.
                The gma500 Poulsbo could make a grown man cry i still got one of those laying around.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
                  I was thinking about software development.
                  The gma500 Poulsbo could make a grown man cry i still got one of those laying around.
                  G**5** is like a swear word to many linuxers. I didn't feel the need to write anything else than that in response to the idea that Intel might/should outsource GPU driver and tools to a third party.

Comment

Working...
                  X