Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenSUSE 42.2 Beta 1 Released

Phoronix: OpenSUSE 42.2 Beta 1 Released

For those using openSUSE Leap rather than the Tumbleweed rolling-release flavor, the Leap 42.2 Beta 1 release is now available for your testing pleasure...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

tested... feels like RC

Comment

Originally posted by smartalgorithm View Post
      tested... feels like RC
      That's very nice to hear, especially given Leap 42.2 Beta 1 is based on SLE 12 SP2 RC2.

This is the first release where we able to proactively interleave the Leap 42.2 milestones with SUSE's SLE 12 SP2 milestones - one of the many beneficial side effects of SUSE not only actively keeping the source open during development but also having a Public Beta for SLE 12 SP2.

And before anyone is wondering "how come SLE is at RC when Leap is at Beta?", we started Leap Alpha's when SLE hit Beta (first code availability for openSUSE), but the SLE RC, GMC, and release periods are a lot longer than openSUSEs (nature of SLE, as SUSE have to give time for Partners to do their work before release), which is how we're able to have Leaps 42.2's release date in November, at practically the same time as SLE 12 SP2s.

Comment

This is one of the oldest distros i use and i still think it's the best KDE distro, by far.
        Since 10.3 i have sticked with Mint, which i believe is superior. But i have always kept an eye on SuSE and the Leap series are looking good again.
        Maybe this is the version they can bring me back...

Comment

Working...
        X