Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome 53 Released With Speed Improvements, Shadow DOM

Phoronix: Chrome 53 Released With Speed Improvements, Shadow DOM

Ending out August, Google has promoted Chrome/Chromium 53 to their stable channel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

dunno if this happened to someone else but after the update i lost my Chrome Shortcut icon in Gnome-Shell . all i have is the ( Chrome App Launcher )

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
      dunno if this happened to someone else but after the update i lost my Chrome Shortcut icon in Gnome-Shell . all i have is the ( Chrome App Launcher )
      Interesting, it should actually be the other way around as Google is phasing out the app launcher for non-Chromebook devices.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
        This happened to me. I just uninstalled it and reinstalled it. No idea what happened since `rpm -ql` showed all the files were in place. I forgot to check for myself.. ended up implicitly trusting the rpm command. The symlink at /usr/bin/google-chrome was also a dead symlink

Comment

what if you delete the google-chrome Dir an reboot an then reinstall.

Comment

Uninstalling and reinstalling fixed it for me.

Comment

No problem Arch (chrome-stable via AUR)

Comment

Originally posted by renkin View Post
                Uninstalling and reinstalling fixed it for me.
                i just did that myself an worked, but there's a Bug, shouldnt happen

Comment

Just installed Beta 53 and noticed a significant change in speed, along with some triviality like the 'new' tab section and new rendering of digits in gmail checker.

Comment

After updating to 53 in Linux Mint Debian Edition, Chrome seg-faults shortly after opening.

Comment

Working...
                    X