Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLVM 3.9 Officially Released

Phoronix: LLVM 3.9 Officially Released

As expected, LLVM 3.9 was released today as the newest version of this widely-used and innovative compiler stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Let me celabrate it

You have included a total of 12 images in your message. The maximum number that you may include is 9.
    XXX..

Comment

I would be interested in benchmarks:

llvm 3.8 vs.

- llvm 3.7
      - llvm 3.6
      - gcc 6.1
      - gcc 6.2
      - gcc 5.x
      - gcc 4.8

Comment

Can't edit my message. I meant:

llvm 3.9 vs.

- llvm 3.8
        - llvm 3.7
        - llvm 3.6
        - gcc 6.1
        - gcc 6.2
        - gcc 5.x
        - gcc 4.8

Comment

I've only just started it but Alien: Isolation is looking awesome on my RX 480 thanks to this. Well nearly awesome. Having had a HD4670 until recently, I'm still getting used to this level of awesome but even I'm finding the anti-aliasing a little lacking, perhaps even non-existent? I've tried all anti-aliasing options but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Anyone have any tips?

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
            I've only just started it but Alien: Isolation is looking awesome on my RX 480 thanks to this. Well nearly awesome. Having had a HD4670 until recently, I'm still getting used to this level of awesome but even I'm finding the anti-aliasing a little lacking, perhaps even non-existent? I've tried all anti-aliasing options but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Anyone have any tips?
            Can't really help but do tell us how the RX 480 is working. Also do you know where LLVM is helping the most?

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post

Can't really help but do tell us how the RX 480 is working. Also do you know where LLVM is helping the most?
              Not sure what you mean but this game didn't work at all with Mesa until this version of LLVM because it needs compute shaders. Gentoo has 3.9-rc3 masked and there were no changes for the final release so I went ahead and unmasked it.

Comment

All my computers worked fine, before this version of borked ignorant shit

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                  All my computers worked fine, before this version of borked ignorant shit
                  Care to elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
                    Care to elaborate?
                    Borked is borked, ignorant is ignorant and shit is shit.

Comment

Working...
                    X