Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New IOWait Boosting Patches For Intel P-State, Schedutil

Phoronix: New IOWait Boosting Patches For Intel P-State, Schedutil

Linux power management and ACPI maintainer Rafael Wysocki has published a set of new "iowait boost" patches for P-State and Schedutil that he's looking to see benchmarked by interested parties...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'll try to find the time this weekend to patch a test kernel and see how these patches are doing and if they affect the performance for any of our workloads of interest. The algorithm change for P-State should be particularly interesting.
    Michael, I wonder if you'll make an effort to minimize the variables and expand the sample size or you'll just slap on a patched Ubuntu on a desktop with a consumer-grade SSD, have it compile PHP and Apache once and issue a verdict based on that (in your signature style).

Comment

Originally posted by g1618058 View Post
      Michael, I wonder if you'll make an effort to minimize the variables and expand the sample size or you'll just slap on a patched Ubuntu on a desktop with a consumer-grade SSD, have it compile PHP and Apache once and issue a verdict based on that (in your signature style).
      his results are obtained by crunching the numbers from of a bunch of runs of his test suite.
      That's why he has a rack in the basement, the machines are up and running for a long while.
      To do half-assed tests he could have done them with his own desktop like most reviewers do.

Comment

Working...
      X