No announcement yet.

The Interesting Wayland/Vulkan/Graphics Talks Happening This Month At XDC2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Interesting Wayland/Vulkan/Graphics Talks Happening This Month At XDC2016

Phoronix: The Interesting Wayland/Vulkan/Graphics Talks Happening This Month At XDC2016

Coming up in just two weeks is the X.Org's XDC2016 conference taking place in Helsinki, Finland. Here's a preview of some of the interesting talks...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sweet - We will be getting a DAL update! should be interesting

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
      Sweet - We will be getting a DAL update! should be interesting
      I agree, that's the one that I really reacted to as well!

Comment

Same here. I think getting DAL in shape should be the biggest step in getting amdgpu-pro to run on stock kernel drivers. Cool.

Comment

Hello,

Can someone explain briefly what is a hardware composer and why we need it?

Thanks

Comment

Yeah! Nvidiar will be talking about the wayland thingy! Wayland default confirmed!!

Comment

So nvidia with their billions in profits are going to whine about how they can't support Wayland without eglstreams? Eglstreams that exists only because nvidia alone created it?

Comment

Originally posted by Cape View Post
                Yeah! Nvidiar will be talking about the wayland thingy! Wayland default confirmed!!
                It sounded to me like instead of implementing GBM they are still trying to argue.... So most likely not......

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

It sounded to me like instead of implementing GBM they are still trying to argue.... So most likely not......
                  Of course. They can't implement GBM. Their proprietary driver is architected in such a way that GBM would get terrible performance, and they're not going to start over.

I'm actually looking forward to see what AMD comes up with next year. If Vega is good, or if prices come down to MSRP, I might switch over. AMD GPUs have the most interesting development going on right now.

Comment

Originally posted by bearoso View Post
                    Of course. They can't implement GBM. Their proprietary driver is architected in such a way that GBM would get terrible performance, and they're not going to start over.

I'm actually looking forward to see what AMD comes up with next year. If Vega is good, or if prices come down to MSRP, I might switch over. AMD GPUs have the most interesting development going on right now.
                    I can't buy that argument now. Maybe in 2012 it would have been reasonable to suggest that, but this is 4 years later and they've earned billions since then.

Comment

Working...
                    X