Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSF, RMS Issue Statements Over Libreboot's Accusations

Phoronix: FSF, RMS Issue Statements Over Libreboot's Accusations

Thursday night we wrote about Libreboot leaving the GNU and denouncing the GNU and FSF with rather harsh words. That thread generated more than 120 comments with differing views while now the Free Software Foundation issued a statement as well as Richard M Stallman...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I will be doubling my annual donation to the FSF because they didn't cave to this juvenile SJW nonsense.

Comment

I think what Leah Rowe wrote should have been fully quoted, the quote (in the same way RMS was)
      The FSF responded with this statement: https://www.fsf.org/news/free-softwa...tion-statement They're lying. The employee (who I won't name, because I don't want her harrassed) was being harassed by another employee who was transphobic. Her fellow co-worker sided with him and then she started standing up for herself because she was being bullied. She was identified as a threat to the FSF's internal stability and then she was fired. What should have happened is the people bullying her should have been fired. Which is these people: Stephen Mahood Ruben Rodriguez We in the libreboot project will never accept this. That's why we left GNU.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

About the FSF quote, I think this paragraph should have been quoted:
          It is part of our job to celebrate and improve the diversity of the free software world. We have strong anti-discrimination and anti-harassment policies to help provide a safe and supportive working environment. We uphold a safe space policy at all FSF events, and we provide scholarships to help people of different identities, and from different regions, attend. The FSF's mission is to defend the freedom of all computer users.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanz View Post
            I will be doubling my annual donation to the FSF because they didn't cave to this juvenile SJW nonsense.
            Careful, you're virtue signalling.

Comment

This is why you can't let these crazies into your organization to begin with. They'll collapse the thing from the inside. FSF deserves it though since they buy into and promote this ridiculous narrative. It's fun to watch the crazies kill each other.

Comment

making another popcorn run...

Comment

Originally posted by kloumpt View Post
                  I think what Leah Rowe wrote should have been fully quoted, the quote (in the same way RMS was)
                  Originally posted by kloumpt View Post
                  About the FSF quote, I think this paragraph should have been quoted:
                  Indeed both should have been quoted.

Comment

I don't like you and you don't like me... to be continued

Comment

Working...
                    X