Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Detailed Look At The Evdev Protocol

Phoronix: A Detailed Look At The Evdev Protocol

Linux input developer Peter Hutterer of Red Hat has provided a look at the evdev protocol for those wondering about its design...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What's the link between evdev and libinput?

Edit: Got my answer: libinput uses evdev.
    Last edited by Creak; 19 September 2016, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Thanks Michael...
      Real interesting reading... evemu-record look like a useful utility to confirm that all the fancy macro buttons on your mouse (etc.) aren't reporting any events/ doing anything (under Linux)!!

Comment

Originally posted by bobwya View Post
        Thanks Michael...
        Real interesting reading... evemu-record look like a useful utility to confirm that all the fancy macro buttons on your mouse (etc.) aren't reporting any events/ doing anything (under Linux)!!
        My approach for that has just been to hold the mouse in the air (if it's a mouse) and see if `cat /dev/input/eventX` on the appropriate device produces anything when the buttons are pressed.

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
          My approach for that has just been to hold the mouse in the air
          Does keeping the mouse in the air increase the efficiency of the procedure? I always did that with the mouse immobile on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            Does keeping the mouse in the air increase the efficiency of the procedure? I always did that with the mouse immobile on the table.
            My mouse's sensor is too high-resolution for me to reliably hold it perfectly still on the table. Holding it in the air is the easiest way to ensure that I'll only see events from the buttons.

Comment

Working...
            X