Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II Coming To Linux Next Week

Phoronix: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II Coming To Linux Next Week

Feral Interactive will be releasing three new Linux games next week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Colleague: Dawn of War II!? That came out like... forever ago.
    Me: Well I've never played it.

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol

The latency is no problem if Feral is choosing games to port based on whether the game has above-average ratings. Good games can be played for the 1st time almost irrespective of the calendar year.
      Amen to that. Fish fillets anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Aleksei View Post
        Amen to that. Fish fillets anyone?
        I still need to finish that! Sooooo close.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoronix
          Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II, Chaos Rising, and Retribution will be released for Linux next week. Of the bunch, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II is arguably the most interesting game.
          I don't really get the last sentence, as Chaos Rising and Retribution are just add-ons for Dawn of War II. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to playing some last stand again.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerii View Post
            I don't really get the last sentence, as Chaos Rising and Retribution are just add-ons for Dawn of War II. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to playing some last stand again.
            Actually they could also be bought as stand-alone games

Comment

I already have DoW 2 on Steam, will I get the Linux Version too? If yes, how does Feral make money off of it then?

Comment

Originally posted by mischael View Post
                I already have DoW 2 on Steam, will I get the Linux Version too? If yes, how does Feral make money off of it then?
                Yes. Maybe Valve or someone paid them to bring more games to SteamOS. Also, they might be hoping for new sales.

Comment

Great news, I will get it.
                  Unfortunately no cross-platform multiplayer (only between MacOs/Linux) :-(

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol
                    Decode the meaning of it for me please.
                    First check if you really want to know.

I'm assuming it means something like "... And thanks for all the fish!" or "Don't just give fish, but teach how to fish." Though I don't quite see how the second phrase fits into the context. I'm guessing it's the first one.

But speaking of fish, I just recently realized that I have the best doctor in the world who confirmed "One can never eat too much sea food!"

Comment

Working...
                    X