Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Introduces An Advisory Board

Phoronix: KDE Introduces An Advisory Board

A KDE Advisory Board has been formed by KDE e.V. to provide greater insight and cooperation around this free software desktop environment...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

When will they return to coding? For the past 5 years KDE has been showing signs of utter stagnation. No new software, old bugs keep lingering, no optimizations, nothing remarkable aside from crazy experiments like Plasma on mobile which is needed by a handful of KDE devs and no one else. Plasma is a crashing resource hog. KWin leaks memory and has tons of glitches.

The last KDE release which showed something decent was KDE 3.5.0. Everything later went downhill.

Slashdot is curious as well: https://ask.slashdot.org/story/16/08...t-is-kde-dying

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
      When will they return to coding? For the past 5 years KDE has been showing signs of utter stagnation. No new software, old bugs keep lingering, no optimizations, nothing remarkable aside from crazy experiments like Plasma on mobile which is needed by a handful of KDE devs and no one else. Plasma is a crashing resource hog. KWin leaks memory and has tons of glitches.

The last KDE release which showed something decent was KDE 3.5.0. Everything later went downhill.

Slashdot is curious as well: https://ask.slashdot.org/story/16/08...t-is-kde-dying
      As a long time KDE user and fan, I am glad my experience is very different than yours. Maybe you are stuck with some distro that do not upgrade packages or have some buggy video driver.

I recommend you try KDE neon to see what is new in the KDE front.

Comment

When will they return to coding? For the past 5 years GNOME has been showing signs of utter stagnation. No new software, old bugs keep lingering, no optimizations, nothing remarkable aside from crazy experiments like remaking the control panel UI which is needed by a handful of GNOME devs and no one else. Gnome-shell is a crashing resource hog. Mutter leaks memory and has tons of glitches.

The last GNOME release which showed something decent was GNOME 2. Everything later went downhill.

some random people post is curious as well: https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/42031/
        fixed.

Comment

Unlike KDE each Gnome release has new serious features to show. But KDE fans will argue otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

As a long time KDE user and fan, I am glad my experience is very different than yours. Maybe you are stuck with some distro that do not upgrade packages or have some buggy video driver.

I recommend you try KDE neon to see what is new in the KDE front.
            I try KDE every three months. No signs of polishing, progress, speed, performance or frugality in regard to CPU/memory usage.

At the same I see bland ugly grayish Windows 10 like icons, bland interface, bland colors and tons of visual glitches.

Comment

I try KDE every three months. No signs of polishing, progress, speed, performance or frugality in regard to CPU/memory usage.

At the same I see bland ugly grayish Windows 10 like icons, bland interface, bland colors and tons of visual glitches.
              If your kde is ugly you dont know how to kde.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
                You are talking to Birdie, a long-standing ant-KDE (or anti-"anything other than GNOME") troll here.

It seems Phoronix has unfortunately once again turned off the "ignore" list.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post

You are talking to Birdie, a long-standing ant-KDE (or anti-"anything other than GNOME") troll here.

It seems Phoronix has unfortunately once again turned off the "ignore" list.
                  Oh, didn't know that.

Comment

Unlike KDE each Gnome release has no serious features to show. But Gnome fans will argue otherwise.
                    fixed.

Comment

Working...
                    X