Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There Are Around 2,000 Steam Linux Games Available

Phoronix: There Are Around 2,000 Steam Linux Games Available

There are about 2,000 Steam Linux games that are published and working (1,999 as of right now), granted a majority of them are indie games and only about a fifth of the games available for Steam on Windows or less than half of the number of games available for OS X...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Out of 243 games I own in steam, 145 are available on linux
    I wish I had more time to play them all...

Comment

Just to point this out:

SteamDB is 100% unofficial, the list is manually curated and is not accurate. You either have to edit their github list of items, or x amount of people need to manually hit a "it works" button for it to be entered into their working list.

Games quite often break (making the list wrong), and the list is often heavily out of date (because it's a manual effort).

The numbers are not even remotely accurate.

So your title is wrong and quite clickbaity, as you've basically ripped this information from reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gamin..._that_support/ where 16 hours ago it was reported that it was misleading.

Come on, do some research pal.

Comment

The quotation marks are missing in the title of the article.

There Are Around 2,000 Steam Linux "Games" Available

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          Phoronix: There Are Around 2,000 Steam Linux Games Available

There are about 2,000 Steam Linux games that are published and working (1,999 as of right now), granted a majority of them are indie games and only about a fifth of the games available for Steam on Windows or less than half of the number of games available for OS X...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...inux-2K-Report
          steam says 2537 (with games filter). It does not show unreleased ones if you sort with "release date".
          Including unreleased ones there are 2683 games.

Also: MacOS is not less then half if you compare apples with apples (without unreleased)
          MacOS 3778 => 67 % for linux = more than 2/3...
          Win 10160 => 25 % for linux = one quarter...
          Last edited by tomtomme; 27 September 2016, 11:26 AM.

Comment

1 999 games Michael, was impossible for you to wait the last one?

Comment

Michael says
              There are about 2,000 Steam Linux games that are published and working

tomtomme says
              steam says 2537 (with games filter). It does not show unreleased ones if you sort with "release date".

verdict There are 538 games advertized for Linux on Steam that is not working at least do not work well

Comment

Noticed there are a lot of steam games that has linux checked, but do not actually run on linux. Looking a the system requirement they are usually vague or incomplete.

Comment

And most of them are simplistic indie games, not too many AAA titles, not to mention Linux gaming performance vs Windows, unfortunately Linux is still far away from being a viable gaming platform that can replace Windows, my favorite games dont have Linux versions at all, and future games I am interested in are unlikely to have Linux ports as well. I dont think I will be ditching Windows anytime soon.

Comment

I own 8. I only wanted Half-Life really, but ended up buying a few more that were on sale.

Comment

Working...
                    X