Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BFS Updated For Linux 4.8, To Be Succeeded By New MuQSS Scheduler

Phoronix: BFS Updated For Linux 4.8, To Be Succeeded By New MuQSS Scheduler

Con Kolivas has rolled out the BFS scheduler v0.512 release for Linux 4.8, which may be his last "BFS" release as he's getting ready to premiere a new scheduler...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I have to say; these scheduler folks really like edgy naming which makes life harder. Brain FUCK Scheduler? Mucus scheduler? What's next DataR8P?

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post
      I have to say; these scheduler folks really like edgy naming which makes life harder. Brain FUCK Scheduler? Mucus scheduler? What's next DataR8P?
      you pronounce it "Mux"

Comment

Maybe the problem is your "edgy" imagination..

Comment

Con never lets us down. I will give this a test on my arch vm.

Comment

Originally posted by amartinz View Post
            you pronounce it "Mux"
            Yeah right, and I'm an elephant with a nosejob.

Originally posted by tessio View Post
            Maybe the problem is your "edgy" imagination..
            Impossible, I have no flaws.

Jokes aside, I love this scheduler. Hope some day it can be upstreamed somehow. Granted, schedulers are probably too performance-sensitive to load dynamically; but at least it would be nice as a build-time option.
            Last edited by microcode; 04 October 2016, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Yeah right, and I'm an elephant with a nosejob.
              Breaking news: microcode is a flawless elephant with a nosejob.
              Announcing a multiple runqueue variant of BFS, with the more mundane name of MuQSS (pronounced mux) for linux 4.7: Full patch for linux-4...

"Announcing a multiple runqueue variant of BFS, with the more mundane name of MuQSS (pronounced mux) for linux 4.7:"

I'm not a native speaker but I've said it made sense if it was pronounced "mucus" or "mucs".

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                Breaking news: microcode is a flawless elephant with a nosejob.
                Announcing a multiple runqueue variant of BFS, with the more mundane name of MuQSS (pronounced mux) for linux 4.7: Full patch for linux-4...

"Announcing a multiple runqueue variant of BFS, with the more mundane name of MuQSS (pronounced mux) for linux 4.7:"

I'm not a native speaker but I've said it made sense if it was pronounced "mucus" or "mucs".
                "Mux" and "mucs" are literally pronounced the same.

Comment

Some interesting benchmarks of MuQSS by someone on CK's blog: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1741373544

Comment

Working...
                  X