Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Development Has Gone Wild This Year

Phoronix: Mesa Development Has Gone Wild This Year

Mesa 3D development has been exciting this year with seeing OpenGL 4.3 support in Mesa 12.0 and the next Mesa release having OpenGL 4.4 and 4.5 support (pending the passing of the Khronos CTS conformance), which has meant a lot of new code going into Mesa. Aside from modernizing the OpenGL 4.x support by these open-source drivers, there's been the addition of the Intel and Radeon Vulkan drivers and much more...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

A big thanks to all the contributors. I love the mesa drivers on my 2 fury cards

Comment

There's also amdgpu in LLVM.

Comment

"Mesa Developers gone wild!" - oh my.

Comment

Sounds great, but the year isn't over yet. No point in making a year summarizing article when you have to redo it in 2 months.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
            Sounds great, but the year isn't over yet. No point in making a year summarizing article when you have to redo it in 2 months.
            I can redo it in 2 months, yes, but the purpose of doing it today is that the Mesa 12.1/13.0 branching is this weekend, so a nice point.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Title is wrong with that "this year", it sounds like it is end of december already

Comment

I guess that has something to do with Ubuntu's seasons

So, happy new year in april and then end of year in october

Comment

Since both Mesa and Vulkan is so close to completion for many GPUs, I doubt we'll ever see such a surge of progress again in a very long time. Not that this is a problem - there's still a lot to do, so if the pace keeps up Linux will no longer be seen as an OS with shoddy GPU drivers.

Comment

The sooner they get all 235 OpenGL extensions implemented the better. Then we need optimisation work completed. It'll be nice to not rely on proprietary drivers for OpenGL.

Comment

Working...
                    X