Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Announces The GeForce GTX 1050 Series

Phoronix: NVIDIA Announces The GeForce GTX 1050 Series

NVIDIA this morning is expanding the Pascal family with the announcement of the GeForce GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti lower-cost graphics cards...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm already taken care of for this generation but those cards look to be excellent price/performance parts at 1920x1080 resolutions with low power consumption requirements.

Comment

I wonder how the 1050/1050ti compare to the Radeon 460 on linux. Which one do you guys see as the better buy?

Comment

Originally posted by chimpy View Post
        I wonder how the 1050/1050ti compare to the Radeon 460 on linux. Which one do you guys see as the better buy?
        Benchmarks will tell on Phoronix in next 1~2 weeks.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

You sure about that Nov 8? Last I heard, they were both slated to be released together.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
            You sure about that Nov 8? Last I heard, they were both slated to be released together.
            It was mentioned right in the NVIDIA blog post.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

It will most certainly be faster. What it will come down to for us Linux users is how much you want to support open source drivers. If you want to run open source, there is only one solution for discreet graphics cards, AMD. Realistically, if you are looking at buying an RX 460, I'd wait until the price came down or save up a little money and buy the RX 470. The performance gap is enormous.

Comment

GTX 1050 / 1050ti (propietary driver required) are much better than RX 460, better relation performance / watt

However GTX 1050 / 1050ti must be force amd cut prices if you want amd card must be wait until GTX 1050 / 1050 stay in market

Without forget GTX 750ti / 950 also could be shows cut prices

Is very recommended if this cards stay on 25oct for GTX 1050ti and 8 nov for GTX 1050

Wait until black friday for purchase any card (nvidia or amd card) for see good offers

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

It was mentioned right in the NVIDIA blog post.
                  You're right, it was. However: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/10se...force-gtx-1050

Comment

1050 ti doent make sense, it is minimally more powerful but 30€ more expensive than 1050

Comment

Working...
                    X