Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Features You Won't Find In The Linux 4.9 Mainline Kernel

Phoronix: Features You Won't Find In The Linux 4.9 Mainline Kernel

While there are many new features in Linux 4.9, there is some functionality we've been looking forward to that sadly isn't yet in the mainline kernel tree...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

For those wanting to try DAL the best place to get the code is https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/...md-staging-4.7 (probably soon to be 4.8) there's no point in using the older wip-dal branches as they haven't been updated in ages

Comment

I've been hoping for RichACL to be merged TBH...

Comment

cik amdgpu by deafult

Comment

I thought one of the problem of DAL was that it is an abstraction (the A in DAL), so it won't ever be merged a long as the name contains the A?

Comment

It's been bugging me for a while now. Is it always the case that you bump it up with decimals like this:
            4.10 which is not version 4.1

Comment

Originally posted by Sethox View Post
              It's been bugging me for a while now. Is it always the case that you bump it up with decimals like this:
              4.10 which is not version 4.1
              bugs me too, if they labelled preceding releases as 4.08, 4.09 etc it would be less confusing when you see 4.10. might make directory listings a bit more sensible, i've seen some that list them in this order 4.1, 4.10, 4.2, 4.3 etc

Comment

They shouldn't use a decimal point character for something that is NOT a decimal point.

Comment

Typically, version numbers are not decimals, but rather a list of integers, and each one can be incremented. Some software projects use two numbers (like 4.9, followed by 4.10), which does look like a decimal and can be kinda confusing for some people, I guess. Other projects use three numbers (1.9.19 followed by 1.9.20, maybe followed by 1.10.0). I've even seen four numbers.

So yeah, that's how version numbers work. The dot is a separator, not a decimal point.

Comment

* Grasky2's -mnative patch
                    * LTO compiling
                    * linux-tiny patches
                    * grsec

Comment

Working...
                    X