Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LibreOffice 5.3 Alpha Tagged, New Features Inbound

Phoronix: LibreOffice 5.3 Alpha Tagged, New Features Inbound

The first alpha release of the upcoming LibreOffice 5.3 open-source office suite was tagged a short time ago in Git...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'd prefer it if they worked on getting more bugs fixed rather than whizbang unsupported features.
    There have been massive headaches with LibreOffice effectively freezing when used with recent versions of GTK3 because it heavily relies upon long deprecated API calls.

Comment

Qt5 isn't even planed so I don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckula View Post
        I'd prefer it if they worked on getting more bugs fixed rather than whizbang unsupported features.
        There have been massive headaches with LibreOffice effectively freezing when used with recent versions of GTK3 because it heavily relies upon long deprecated API calls.
        Regarding GTK3: This work is mostly done by Caolan McNamara these days but still not backported.

HTH
        SophiaS

Comment

AFAIK GTK3 just recently exited beta stage (no more changes before GTK4) so expecting programs to support it before that point is just ridiculous.

Comment

The notebookbar is actually coming along nicely for people who want something like a ribbon in LO.

Comment

I wonder why they give so little support to Base. Just to have a glimpse, the Report Builder still has Oracle name on it's header, meaning that little or no changes have been made since then. Comparing 3.5 to 5.2 I see no difference and no fixed bugs.

Comment

People still complain that feature wise LO is missing all the functionality required for short reports in school, one page questionnaires, poems, honours project reports etc. So it can't be used for serious work like all the previous version of Microsoft Office. It's also missing the ribbon which is 100% crucial. Oh and where's the cloud and Android 7 support?

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
                  People still complain that feature wise LO is missing all the functionality required for short reports in school, one page questionnaires, poems, honours project reports etc. So it can't be used for serious work like all the previous version of Microsoft Office. It's also missing the ribbon which is 100% crucial. Oh and where's the cloud and Android 7 support?
                  And those features would be...?

Comment

Originally posted by wdb974 View Post

And those features would be...?
                    Good question. I just know that people aren't comfortable using the current LibreOffice versions and the impression they get is that it's outdated and missing features. They often also talk about OpenOffice when using LibreOffice.

Comment

Working...
                    X