Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Shipping For Linux In Two Weeks

Phoronix: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Shipping For Linux In Two Weeks

Now that Feral Interactive released Mad Max for Linux yesterday, they are moving forward to push out their next Linux game port - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. It's coming out in just two weeks...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hm, DX:MD has DX12 support. I hope (against hope) this will not simply get the axe.
    Also, the title is pretty punishing on Windows, is there any way it won't play even worse on Linux?

Comment

Oh Lord, please let Spacious Skies be Skyrim...

Comment

I really hope since they are doing a Metal port that would mean they're going to support Vulkan too. I've heard that going from DX12 -> Vulkan is quite easy. Eitherway, it's really nice to see them putting out reasonable quality ports. Ok, the performance is at most >80% of native because of their wrapper. But it's enabled me to enjoy Grid Autosport, Tomb Raider and now I've got Mad Max and Deus Ex to look forward to!

Comment

Is there any news of Rise of the Tomb Raider coming for Linux (or even macOS)? Not that I care about the mac port but it's usually a good indicator the Linux port is being worked on

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
            Hm, DX:MD has DX12 support. I hope (against hope) this will not simply get the axe.
            Also, the title is pretty punishing on Windows, is there any way it won't play even worse on Linux?
            On my rig, 4790k + r9 390x, DX11 and 12 perform the same...it's not a good implementation. Next week I'll test the game on xeon x5470 4.1GHz (core 2 quad) + r9 290 to find out if dx12 helps mid range CPUs.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
              Is there any news of Rise of the Tomb Raider coming for Linux (or even macOS)?
              Perhaps this one?

Comment

According to Feral, it will be a native port without wrapper: https://twitter.com/feralgames/statu...21157619339266
                I guess it will be OpenGl.

Comment

If it runs on my rx480 (MESA) I have to give them my money.
                  :-)

Comment

Originally posted by theghost View Post
                    According to Feral, it will be a native port without wrapper: https://twitter.com/feralgames/statu...21157619339266
                    I guess it will be OpenGl.
                    That just means that it is not based on the Windows executable. It will not have it's engine rebuilt from the ground up, so it's still a DX11 engine wrapped in OpenGL calls.

Comment

Working...
                    X