Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Qt 5.7.1, Qt 5.8 Beta Snapshots Released

Phoronix: New Qt 5.7.1, Qt 5.8 Beta Snapshots Released

The Qt Company has made available new snapshots for testing of upcoming releases for the Qt tool-kit...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The thing is, Kubuntu has been released with Qt 5.6.1 and will not move to 5.7.x

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      The thing is, Kubuntu has been released with Qt 5.6.1 and will not move to 5.7.x
      That's one reason I use KDE Neon...

Comment

Originally posted by BangoMopar View Post

That's one reason I use KDE Neon...
        I do, too, but it's not an option at work

Comment

Oh I almost forgot: while Neon is good at bringing you the latest Qt and KDE, it's stuck on Kubuntu LTE releases, leaving you behind in every other aspect.
          Yet again, in the world on Linux you're free to pick your poison.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
            Oh I almost forgot: while Neon is good at bringing you the latest Qt and KDE, it's stuck on Kubuntu LTE releases, leaving you behind in every other aspect.
            Yet again, in the world on Linux you're free to pick your poison.
            With the OBS it's pretty easy to mold openSUSE into whatever mix of releases you want.

Comment

Or you can do the same with Gentoo without using any service...

Comment

Originally posted by stikonas View Post
                Or you can do the same with Gentoo without using any service...
                Not quite, you still need the service of the Ports Tree. Besides, what kind of argument is that exactly even if we were to presuppose it to be true (which as stated... it's not)? "Oh my distro can do it without using something that is standard and the basis of another distro". You do realize how silly that sounds right?

Comment

What is that "Ports Tree" you talk about there? Anyway. I use Gentoo both at home (with SystemD, NetworkManager and Plasma 5.8) and at work (with OpenRC, netifrc and KDE SC 4.11) without messing with 3rd party repositories or custom one shot builds.

P.S. to those wondering, netifrc stands for "Gentoo Network Interface Management Scripts", the good old way to manually configure wetork interfaces because I have a quite complex setup with multiple nics and bridges that I'm not sure NetworkManager could handle. It couldn't handle it for sure 5 years ago when I set it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ansla View Post
                    What is that "Ports Tree" you talk about there? Anyway. I use Gentoo both at home (with SystemD, NetworkManager and Plasma 5.8) and at work (with OpenRC, netifrc and KDE SC 4.11) without messing with 3rd party repositories or custom one shot builds.

P.S. to those wondering, netifrc stands for "Gentoo Network Interface Management Scripts", the good old way to manually configure wetork interfaces because I have a quite complex setup with multiple nics and bridges that I'm not sure NetworkManager could handle. It couldn't handle it for sure 5 years ago when I set it up.
                    I meant to write Portage instead of Ports Tree, but they're conceptually the exact same thing. Anyway, OBS isn't 3rd Party, OBS is first party and the basis upon which openSUSE is built, and there are official repos to handle Qt, KDE, and otherwise. https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:KDE_repositories

Comment

Working...
                    X