Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 375.10 vs. Linux 4.8 + Mesa 13.1-dev AMD GPU Benchmarks

Phoronix: NVIDIA 375.10 vs. Linux 4.8 + Mesa 13.1-dev AMD GPU Benchmarks

In prepping for the GeForce GTX 1050 Linux graphics card reviews this week, I've been re-testing my various AMD and NVIDIA graphics cards atop the very latest driver stacks. As a precursor while waiting for the GeForce GTX 1050 Linux review in the days ahead, here are those fresh benchmarks of the other graphics cards.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

1060 looks like a great card for the money.

Comment

Cant say I think this is fair, perhaps the AMD cards should be run with proprietary drivers as well...

Comment

Originally posted by AdamOne View Post
        Cant say I think this is fair, perhaps the AMD cards should be run with proprietary drivers as well...
        Past comparisons have shown the GL performance is close to the same these days. Plus most Linux gamers seem to be using the open AMD stack over closed. And there hasn't been an AMDGPU-PRO release even yet for Ubuntu 16.10
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

If he do correct blob vs blob and open vs open comparison... then you can guess from the start that conclusion would be mixed But seems people expect a winner i guess, so if we take everything in account then there is no winner

Imagine everything is like in Xonotic, it would be more boring then Windows comparison reviews

Comment

Sure you can!

Also, it's official drivers written by people with specs vs the same thing, I see nothing unfair there.
            Though I'd be interested to know if nvidia has profiles for these games, if so maybe bypassing that would be fairer.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
              Also, it's official drivers written by people with specs vs the same thing, I see nothing unfair there.
              Sorry to say it like this, but If you don't see *anything unfair* there, then you should open your eyes Vulkan and OpenCL is missing there, but Pro driver has those

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
                Though I'd be interested to know if nvidia has profiles for these games, if so maybe bypassing that would be fairer.
                If we somehow bypassing that, then we should bypass drirc for open driver so that Unigine could not run - that would be the fairest

Comment

I don't know how it males sense to test free AMD vs. prop. Nvidia over and over again.
                  Nouveau got the same ogl 4.5 extensions with this new Mesa release. Test nouveau vs. radeonsi.
                  Everybody knows nvidia is faster on gl using proprietary software. Give it a break

Comment

Originally posted by juno View Post
                    I don't know how it males sense to test free AMD vs. prop. Nvidia over and over again.
                    Nouveau got the same ogl 4.5 extensions with this new Mesa release. Test nouveau vs. radeonsi.
                    Everybody knows nvidia is faster on gl using proprietary software. Give it a break
                    If you guys actually paid attention, you'd see that the last GPU benchmark before this was RadeonSI vs Nouveau on the 21st. And as Michael said, most AMD users prefer the open stack over closed these days.

Comment

Working...
                    X