Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows Btrfs Driver Updated With New Capabilities (WinBtrfs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Btrfs Driver Updated With New Capabilities (WinBtrfs)

Phoronix: Windows Btrfs Driver Updated With New Capabilities (WinBtrfs)

For those needing to access a Btrfs file-system from a Microsoft Windows OS, the independent WinBtrfs project provides a native driver for being able to access Btrfs from Windows...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I would like to have this for both XFS and EXT4. Paragon's driver isn't free and I'm not *that* desperate for one.

Comment

I wonder how hard it would be for Microsoft to write a VFS implementation similar to Linux's.

Comment

Raid 5/6? I thought even the Linux driver doesn't work properly with that.

Comment

Did they stop the development for Linux and just focus on Windows now?

Comment

Originally posted by doublez13 View Post
            I wonder how hard it would be for Microsoft to write a VFS implementation similar to Linux's.
            Do they have a vfs? I know it's got to be pretty different since it supports async io through the entire io path.
            A better question is how hard would it be to make the Linux vfs not such a pain point.

Comment

Working...
            X