Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI Gallium3D Re-Enables SDMA For Sea Islands, Carrizo

Phoronix: RadeonSI Gallium3D Re-Enables SDMA For Sea Islands, Carrizo

The latest Mesa Git code has re-enabled SDMA support in the RadeonSI Gallium3D driver for Sea Islands and Carrizo hardware...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Article says "Sea Islands, Carrizo" but git commit "Carrizo and CIK"

Comment

He, he, maybe i should not read commits... mixed Sea with Southern again

Comment

Does SDMA allow for texture upload while the 3D engine is busy, e.g. streaming textures over PCIe while rendering is currently active (of course, not using this new texture data)?

Comment

Sea Islands = CIK

Comment

CIK = Sea(C) Islands, Indus (Kaveri platform), Kerala (Kabini platform)
            Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
              CIK = Sea(C) Islands, Indus (Kaveri platform), Kerala (Kabini platform)
              I tought that Kabini platform name was Kalindi actually... but it is possible that Bridgman mixed something there too

Whatever, no way i will try to remember also those India rivers... Kaveri is bigger and Kabini is smaller river, as bigger and smaller GPU to me

Comment

so in which version of mesa SDMA will be re-enabled? mesa 13? and how much performance will be improved on a carrizo APU? games will run better? all games or only some that use particular functions?

Comment

CIK seems has that K because everything there beggins on K... so "Between Kabani reservoir and Kuruva island Kalindi river joins Kabini."

And story about Kaveri is also about rivers but bigger ones, but for sure again everything there beggins with K

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                    I tought that Kabini platform name was Kalindi actually... but it is possible that Bridgman mixed something there too
                    IIRC Kalindi is the graphics core in Kabini, which runs on the Kerala platform (motherboard/SBIOS etc...). We must have had a pile of 'K's to use up.
                    Test signature

Comment

Working...
                    X