Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Fixes Random GPU Hangs On AMD Hawaii & Fiji GPUs

Phoronix: Mesa Fixes Random GPU Hangs On AMD Hawaii & Fiji GPUs

In addition to RadeonSI re-enabling SDMA for Carrizo and Sea Islands GPUs yesterday, Marek Olšák made another change to fix the issue of random GPU hangs happening with Hawaii and Fiji graphics processors...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I guess these hangs do not occur so often...I have two computers with fiji and never experienced any hangs...but I just might be lucky too...

Comment

Is that noticeable during benchmarks?

Comment

Originally posted by b8e5n View Post
        Is that noticeable during benchmarks?
        Yes, it is. In valley benchmark is really evident because of the fast flying camera. The issue affects recent builds.

Comment

Marek think about GPU hangs and not about normal rendering hangs when some shader is compiled.

Comment

I have an R9 270 that hangs about once a week, I wonder if this fixes it.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael_S View Post
              Not exactly Hawaii or Fiji, but I guess you could try Mesa-git and see for yourself.

Comment

I get hangs playing Talos Principle. It doesn't crash the system, I just get countless error messages on the kernel log and the framerate is horrible with stuttering. Nice to see it's fixed, again Marek giving living to my 290x.

Comment

If the XCOM:EU hang[1] is finally fixed I'll be happy!

1. https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=80419

Comment

Originally posted by Michael_S View Post
                    My R7 260X hangs once every week or two as well. It usually happens when my PC is locked and the screen is in power-saving mode. When I come back to my desk, I can hear the GPU fan at full blast, and the screen won't turn back on so I have to reset my PC.

Comment

Working...
                    X