Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Performance-Per-Watt From The GeForce GTX 650 To GTX 1050 Series, Compared To AMD RX 460/470

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Performance-Per-Watt From The GeForce GTX 650 To GTX 1050 Series, Compared To AMD RX 460/470

Phoronix: The Performance-Per-Watt From The GeForce GTX 650 To GTX 1050 Series, Compared To AMD RX 460/470

Now having had the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti graphics cards in my possession for a few days I have some more interesting data to share today compared to just last week's raw OpenGL/OpenCL/Vulkan raw Linux performance data. In this article is a look at the power use and performance-per-Watt of the GeForce GTX 650, GTX 750, GTX 750 Ti, GTX 950, GTX 1050, and GTX 1050 Ti compared to the AMD Radeon RX 460 and RX 470. Additionally, for the newer cards still relevant, there is also performance-per-dollar metrics too.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good Tests @Michael

But need more tests in 1080p because 1050 and similar cards are too weak for 4k

Comment

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post

Would still rather buy AMD's Radeon RX 460 and use the open source driver.
      Well these numbers and windows benchmarks (I dual boot) to me say 1050, your choice. I'm going 1050 as it's great performance for the power envelope.

Comment

this whole thing should be intresting once Mareks multithreading optimisations are ready. also: vulkan?

Comment

Why no Xonotic Perf/Watt?

Comment

Great show up by AMD. Bioshock is very playable at high res even with the 460 but I wonder if it's issue with the port, Nvidia also seems a bit bottleneck.
            Also, open source stack looks almost ready to fully replace PRO stack in consumer market.

Comment

Has anybody been able to get multicore rendering working reliably in the Valve games on Linux? After years I am seriously considering going back to Windows for gaming because of this issue.

When it's enabled the game will eventually (but reliably) hang with looping sound and 100% Xorg usage. If it's disabled my framerates can range anywhere from 200-300 fps at one moment down to like 15-30 fps at another. I could have the most powerful video card in the world but what good is it if I'm going to dip down to 30fps in zombie hordes? It's so frustrating.

Comment

Please redo with RX 465/475/485, if the ever came out.
                Maybe with embedded Radeon E9260/E9550.

Comment

Originally posted by nuetzel View Post
                  Please redo with RX 465/475/485, if the ever came out.
                  Maybe with embedded Radeon E9260/E9550.
                  If AMD ends up sending out said hardware...
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Maybe Nvidia doesn't support FOSS and Linux as much because they know it would kill AMD, and they need the competition?

Comment

Working...
                    X