Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Generating CPU Flame Graphs Automatically When Benchmarking With The Phoronix Test Suite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generating CPU Flame Graphs Automatically When Benchmarking With The Phoronix Test Suite

Phoronix: Generating CPU Flame Graphs Automatically When Benchmarking With The Phoronix Test Suite

The Phoronix Test Suite has offered basic Linux perf subsystem integration for being able to record automatically various perf metrics when running any of the hundreds of benchmarks available via our open-source benchmarking software/framework. Now with the latest development code, there is support for generating CPU Flame Graphs (FlameGraph) for each of the tests still in a fully-automated manner while benchmarking with PTS...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thanks, this will be immensely useful whenever I'm looking at a Phoronix benchmark result and I'm wondering what happened. I'm hoping some of these generated flame graphs will be included (at least linked to) in upcoming Phoronix benchmarking posts.

Comment

HAHA I don't need Flame by software because I have a fermi with GPU Flame™

Comment

Originally posted by danieru View Post
        HAHA I don't need Flame by software because I have a fermi with GPU Flame™
        http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/...i-gpus-hanging
        Wow, that's one of the least intelligent things I've ever seen posted here.
        And I've seen a lot. I mean, I've seen Quaridium posts.
        Last edited by chuckula; 31 October 2016, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckula View Post

Wow, that's one of the least intelligent things I've ever seen posted here.
          And I've seen a lot. I mean, I've seen Quaridium posts.
          What's wrong? It was a joke. People don't make jokes in your country?

Comment

Working...
          X