Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 13.0-RC3 Released, Mesa 13 Is Imminent

Phoronix: Mesa 13.0-RC3 Released, Mesa 13 Is Imminent

Collabora employee and Mesa release manager Emil Velikov has announced the availability of Mesa 13.0-RC3 and he expects to do the final Mesa 13 release in a matter of hours...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Mesa 13 RC2 is already on Manjaro. And I am disappointed, I thought than the vulkan implementation on Intel Haswell was going to finally be finished on this new release, but now it runs as bad as before on TTP, and vkquake, vkcube, still doesnt work. When is it going to be finished?

Comment

Do I have to enable to RADV driver in any way? I've installed rc2 on Gentoo (it's in unstable), but I'm getting that the driver isn't supported. I'm running amdgpu on 4.8.4 on an AMD r9 290.

Comment

Are they going to wait for the OpenGL 4.4 and 4.5 compliance tests to finish so that they can advertise them from the get-go or are we going to have to wait until 13.1 for that?

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
          Are they going to wait for the OpenGL 4.4 and 4.5 compliance tests to finish so that they can advertise them from the get-go or are we going to have to wait until 13.1 for that?
          You'll need to wait for Mesa 13.1/2017.1
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
            Do I have to enable to RADV driver in any way? I've installed rc2 on Gentoo (it's in unstable), but I'm getting that the driver isn't supported. I'm running amdgpu on 4.8.4 on an AMD r9 290.
            The gentoo ebuild doesn't support Vulkan yet (bug 580148). You'd need to use the --enable-vulkan (or similar) configure option.

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
              I thought than the vulkan implementation on Intel Haswell was going to finally be finished on this new release
              No one promised finished Haswell support anywere, so I don't know where your expectations came from. Heck, even Broadwell/Skylake support is far from finished, though it's at least more feature complete, but plenty of performance optimizations are still missing.

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
              but now it runs as bad as before on TTP, and vkquake, vkcube, still doesnt work.
              vkcube itself is broken form what I know, and vkquake uses some fancy features not yet implemented in any open source vulkan driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
                Check out the FireBurn overlay

Comment

What's the point of making an RC only for a few hours? Do they have 10000 robot testers that do the QA and bug hunting in no time, no sleeping, no eating involved?

Comment

There were already two RCs, with very tiny changes since.

The last one isn't really for finding bugs, just a check for embarrassingly trivial flaws in the release - e.g. I've seen a (non-Mesa) release that didn't compile on some platforms because of a one-letter typo, and another where half the files were simply missing from the final tarball for some reason.
                    Last edited by FLHerne; 01 November 2016, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X