Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Client Linux Beta Has A Fix For ZFS

Phoronix: Steam Client Linux Beta Has A Fix For ZFS

Valve released a Steam client beta for Halloween 2016 beta, but without any apparent spooks...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Always nice to be able to install 5000 indie games into a ZFS partition.

Comment

Also Dual Shock 4 support

Comment

Why do they need to know the sector size at all?

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
          Always nice to be able to install 5000 indie games into a glorious 12-HDD RAIDZ ZFS zpool.
          FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Staffan View Post
            The statfs api allows to request the number of available blocks, and the blocksize. There is no such api as "give me amount of free bytes".

Comment

Originally posted by Staffan View Post
              Steam preallocates the space needed for the installation of a game/update before downloading and installing it. Maybe they use this info there.
              AFAIK the preallocation is done to make sure there's enough space left and to reduce fragmentation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardje View Post
                The statfs api allows to request the number of available blocks, and the blocksize. There is no such api as "give me amount of free bytes".
                I see, then it makes sense in that context. Seems like a crappy API though that doesn't take into account filesystems with variable block sizes (which was probably a reasonable assumption at the time).

Comment

Working...
                X