No announcement yet.

Intel's Vulkan Linux Driver Gets ~30% Performance Boost, Now Faster Than OpenGL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's Vulkan Linux Driver Gets ~30% Performance Boost, Now Faster Than OpenGL

Phoronix: Intel's Vulkan Linux Driver Gets ~30% Performance Boost, Now Faster Than OpenGL

With our past Intel Vulkan benchmarks the Vulkan driver was slower than the mature OpenGL driver but this is about to change with an important patch-set published today: a big performance boost is in store...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good job Jason!

Comment

When are we going to hear something related to finish vulkan on haswell?

But this is great news, is a shame than windows users doesnt have a vulkan driver meant for the public (but somehow they have a Dx12 driver)

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
        When are we going to hear something related to finish vulkan on haswell?

But this is great news, is a shame than windows users doesnt have a vulkan driver meant for the public (but somehow they have a Dx12 driver)
        I have been able to launch vkcube and Dota 2 Vulkan without problems on Intel Haswell graphics for a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by mastercoms View Post

I have been able to launch vkcube and Dota 2 Vulkan without problems on Intel Haswell graphics for a while now.
          I can launch The talos principle using vulkan on the haswell card, but it lacks a lot of things compared to the opengl version, it looks ugly. No idea about Dota 2, but when it comes to vkcube and vkquake, neither of those works

Comment

Dota2 on haswell fair bit slower on vulkan than opengl for me. Last test maybe 3 weeks ago, but I played it vulkan for a month. No issues.
            Using padoka ppa on debian sid.
            I'll test again after this patch lands.

Comment

And great to see patch! Well done!

Comment

Can this method be used in radv?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                  radv isn't affected by this problem, with GPUVM the kernel driver never needs to modify GPU command streams for relocations (or any other reason).

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                    This seems to be specific to the i965 driver, at least to my ears.

Comment

Working...
                    X