Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrode Making Progress On Translating C To Rust

Phoronix: Corrode Making Progress On Translating C To Rust

Jamey Sharp, the developer known for some of his past contributions to X.Org, has been hacking a lot lately on his latest project: Corrode. This project is about automatically converting C source files into Rust...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Really? You are really fun of rust. Tool which is not written in rust (make sense because rust is not worth it). If you go ti pages you see this:
    If you're using Windows, start by running ./fixGitSymlinksForWindows.bat as admin.

Ok I see this like something "I am virus but I am not so good to do anything without admin access so please execute me as a admin"

No thanks.

These pagese became more and more a shit. There has been time I thinging about pay you for what you doing. I am really happy I did not do it.

Comment

Originally posted by kozzi11 View Post
      Really? You are really fun of rust. Tool which is not written in rust (make sense because rust is not worth it). If you go ti pages you see this:
      If you're using Windows, start by running ./fixGitSymlinksForWindows.bat as admin.

Ok I see this like something "I am virus but I am not so good to do anything without admin access so please execute me as a admin"

No thanks.

These pagese became more and more a shit. There has been time I thinging about pay you for what you doing. I am really happy I did not do it.
      What?

Comment

I second that what. Gibberish. I for one am very excited over Corrode.

Comment

Thinking about this further, I wonder if Vala would get a shot in the arm if it could be modified to generate Rust code instead of or in addition to C? Leave the choice to the programmer.

Comment

Windows, you need to be admin to create symlinks IIRC

Comment

Afaik the c code vala creates is intended only for the compiler and thus, it's not really very readable. The rust code wouldn't be either. So it would not be usable for anything but feeding to the compiler - I guess. But interesting, since that would give vala the benefits of rust.

Comment

That's what I was thinking too. Could give one the syntax they like in Vala but with all the goodness of Rust underneath.

Comment

Seems to be nice, even more being written in Haskell, which one of the few really good languages.

Comment

Originally posted by kozzi11 View Post

No thanks.

You can read what the `fixGitSymlinksForWindows.bat` script does. It is based on a stackoverflow question and is related to using symlinks in git repositories in Windows.

Comment

Working...
                    X