Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing Deus Ex On Linux With RadeonSI Mesa, AMDGPU-PRO

Phoronix: Testing Deus Ex On Linux With RadeonSI Mesa, AMDGPU-PRO

When it was found out only NVIDIA GPUs are supported by Deus Ex: Mankind Divided on Linux many were disappointed that the Mesa drivers aren't supported. Now that the game was released a short time ago, I have some details to share about the Radeon support for this AAA game title for Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thanks for trying! =)

Comment

this will be interersting for mesa developers, since is the first 2016 AAA heavy graphics title and it should help a lot to see tackle the bottlenecks on the driver

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
        this will be interersting for mesa developers, since is the first 2016 AAA heavy graphics title and it should help a lot to see tackle the bottlenecks on the driver
        agreed - it will be interesting to see where they can find performance optimisations

Comment

Gles launcher failed again, like with any other Feral ports... just avoid using that laiuncher with Catalyst/AMDGPU-PRO

Comment

Hmm ... now this looks like a nice little project ... I just lack the HW and time :-((( Anyway I had goo experience with Feral ports on amd oss drivers in the past. In the end most of the worked well even on my ancient setup. So just give them some time.

Comment

You should try what feral says https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gamin...linux/d9jxkz4/

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
                Originally posted by Feral
                As mentioned AMD GPUs are not supported on this game however I know there are a number of users who are more technically minded and are running the latest git versions of Mesa so this post is for you. :-) The game runs on the latest Mesa 13 release but it's not at a level where we think we can officially support it (but it's close).
                If it's close, why wouldn't they just hold the release until it does work for both major GPU brands...

I mean imagine if any Windows game was released without proper AMD GPU support? I don't think that happens anymore even if it did in the past.

Comment

Basically that's the case under Windows: Proper Multi GPU support just arrived - but only for AMD this time. (;

Also Mesa compliance is not the main issue - you also need your targeted distro to ship that graphics stack. Otherwise there won't be official support.

Comment

Originally posted by Xen0sys View Post

If it's close, why wouldn't they just hold the release until it does work for both major GPU brands...

I mean imagine if any Windows game was released without proper AMD GPU support? I don't think that happens anymore even if it did in the past.
                    Personally, I got it as: it's close to our criterion; not necessarily time wise.

But it's great to see this game running on mesa, anyway. I look forward to performance improvements.

Comment

Working...
                    X