Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI Gallium3D Now Exposes GLSL 4.50

Phoronix: RadeonSI Gallium3D Now Exposes GLSL 4.50

The GLSL/OpenGL 4.50 version is now exposed by the RadeonSI Gallium3D driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

\o/ One step closer! Truly exciting times!

Comment

\o/
      kudos to all the devs

Comment

Well it's great work. And now? The lack for me is: performance, Open source out of the box OpenCL, vulkan, better support for ARM and exotic hardware. I still waiting about AMD geode LX graphic card modern support as KMS/DRI3, ...
        Developer of Ultracopier/CatchChallenger and CEO of Confiared

Comment

Great job

If I understand correctly, Deus Ex would benefit from having the GL_ARB_bindless_texture OpenGL extension.
          According to https://mesamatrix.net/ (see 'Other extensions') this is not yet supported by any MESA driver.
          Is somebody working on this?

Comment

Originally posted by alpha_one_x86 View Post
            I still waiting about AMD geode LX graphic card modern support as KMS/DRI3, ...
            Geode only counts as i586, what distro/distros are you running that still support it? I thought most of them called their 32-bit x86 i386 but actually only supported down to i686 now.

Comment

Originally posted by Min1123 View Post

Geode only counts as i586, what distro/distros are you running that still support it? I thought most of them called their 32-bit x86 i386 but actually only supported down to i686 now.

Not even debian supports it for its current development version anymore. Although current debian stable still does.

Comment

There's still no shortage of work to be done outside of performance tweaks. I think everyone is eager to see work on the bindless texture extension after the recent Deus Ex release (kinda performance related since it seems the game has a slow fall-back). Same goes for disk driver shader cache, although I can't imagine we'll be seeing that any time soon since I understand it's been in progress for a very long time.

Even when that's all sorted, there's still more Vulkan work ahead, compatibility profiles to implement (I hope to be able to play Dying Light with Mesa one day), LEDs on Fury X GPUs and the like not working correctly, FreeSync support, many other extensions listed on MesaMatrix that don't look to have even been started, and various bug fixes (as my Fury X still randomly craps out - now without any error messages written to Xorg.0.log or dmesg outpout - the screen just loses signal when exiting a Wine app and doesn't come back). Lots to do to truly compete with Nvidia's proprietary driver feature set. I personally find some of this more important than more performance at this point.

Comment

the screen just loses signal when exiting a Wine app and doesn't come back
                  Wine emulates Windows Behaviour very closely these days.

Comment

Originally posted by mibo View Post
                    Great job

If I understand correctly, Deus Ex would benefit from having the GL_ARB_bindless_texture OpenGL extension.
                    According to https://mesamatrix.net/ (see 'Other extensions') this is not yet supported by any MESA driver.
                    Is somebody working on this?
                    IIRC airlied was working on it, but it's safe to say he's a little distracted with RADV, and I believe he mentioned previously about the work being in limbo.

Comment

Working...
                    X