Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Office 2013 Working On CrossOver 16

Phoronix: Microsoft Office 2013 Working On CrossOver 16

CodeWeavers' CrossOver 16 is getting into shape for release this calendar year...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

For me, Outlook and OneNote are probably the most important part of Office as they are heavily in my organisation. Fingers crossed they get those supported too soon.

Comment

Originally posted by carbs View Post
      For me, Outlook and OneNote are probably the most important part of Office as they are heavily in my organisation. Fingers crossed they get those supported too soon.
      Reliable support for both Word and Excel would also be really nice. Some organizations accept only something which is bug for bug compatible with MS Office, so Libreoffice is never going to be used there. (Because Libreoffice would be crazy to be just a clone of MS Office)

Comment

Check out Microsoft Online Apps

Unofficial project that help linux (read Ubuntu based distro) users to have quick access to Microsoft Online Apps. This deb package integrate shortcuts into linux system for MS apps like Word, Excel, Outlook, OneDrive, Calendar, OneNote, People and PowerPoint. This shortcuts will use default web browser to take you there, nothing else. This package will also make category and directory for it. That means that this shortcuts will stand separately from other applications in its own category but in the same time they will stand together with other linux office applications category.

Download Microsoft Online Apps for free. Quick access to Microsoft Online Apps. Unofficial project that help linux (read Ubuntu based distro) users to have quick access to Microsoft Online Apps. This deb package integrate shortcuts into linux system for MS apps like Word, Excel, Outlook, OneDrive, Calendar, OneNote, People and PowerPoint.

Comment

I use http://wps.com/linux - it's not open source but it is free & on Linux. To a novice Microsoft Office user such as myself it does everything I need it to naively on Word Processing & Spreadsheets.

Comment

Oh and it's also highly compatible with DOC and DOCX formats to open and save to.

Comment

I heard SoftMaker Office's compatibility with MS Office formats is pretty accurate/high, anyone tried it?

Comment

Uh... I've been using Office 2013 in wine at work for years. Why is this news?

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                  Uh... I've been using Office 2013 in wine at work for years. Why is this news?
                  I guess it's because now they officially supporting it, which must mean most features should work fine and they'll guarantee it for the future also (in case regressions happen).

Comment

Working...
                  X