Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome/Chromium Now Enabling WebGL 2 By Default On The Desktop

Phoronix: Chrome/Chromium Now Enabling WebGL 2 By Default On The Desktop

With the very latest open-source Chromium web-browser development code, WebGL 2.0 support is now being turned on by default for desktop (non-Android) builds...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

In short, catching up to Apple's Safari 10 and newer.

Comment

nice, maybe its worth now to make a game with it.

Comment

Any neat demos/examples using Webgl 2 to check out?

Comment

Mesa will support this feature when the new chrome release will be available?

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
            Mesa will support this feature when the new chrome release will be available?
            I'm guessing that if your driver supports OpenGL ES 3.0, it will be supported on mesa/gallium.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

I'm guessing that if your driver supports OpenGL ES 3.0, it will be supported on mesa/gallium.
              thanks for reply. how to know if the video card support opengl es 3.0?

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

My card support 3.3 opengl (core) (3.0 compliant.... I don't know the difference state by glxinfo) My desktop seems to support up tp opengl 3.0 (compliant)....

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post

My card support 3.3 opengl (core) (3.0 compliant.... I don't know the difference state by glxinfo) My desktop seems to support up tp opengl 3.0 (compliant)....
                  This is the wrong OpenGL you need the one with "ES" at the end.

Have a look at this:
                  Code:
                  $ glxinfo | grep "OpenGL ES profile version string"

Comment

Originally posted by droste View Post

This is the wrong OpenGL you need the one with "ES" at the end.

Have a look at this:
                    Code:
                    $ glxinfo | grep "OpenGL ES profile version string"
                    thanks for advice.

Comment

Working...
                    X