Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTK+ On Windows Finally Supports HiDPI

Phoronix: GTK+ On Windows Finally Supports HiDPI

While GTK3 on Linux with both X.Org/Wayland has supported HiDPI displays for a long while, only with the latest GTK4 development code should there be usable HiDPI support for those using this tool-kit on Microsoft Windows...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

If I were the GTK developers, I would not support Windows and focus on more important things.

Comment

Then, we are lucky, that you are GTK+ developer

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Felipe View Post
        If I were the GTK developers, I would not support Windows and focus on more important things.
        I moved to PyQt because I didn't like how many regressions I was getting on non-GNOME desktops. I stayed because of how comfortable the APIs were. I'll leave you to imagine how much more quickly I'd have left if I couldn't target Windows at all.

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post
          Then, we are lucky, that you are GTK+ developer
          But i'm not...

Comment

But i'm not...
            No kidding, what what oleid thinking

Comment

How cool would it be if they focused on getting Linux support squared away, featureful, performant and and bug free, before squandering time and effort on meaningless wild goose chases?

Comment

Originally posted by david_lynch View Post
                How cool would it be if they focused on getting Linux support squared away, featureful, performant and and bug free, before squandering time and effort on meaningless wild goose chases?
                This.

Comment

Originally posted by david_lynch View Post
                  Who are "they" you are referring to? This is probably just one developer scratching his own itch or a company paid him to do the work, because they have such needs (a program they are working on or whatever... this is just what interests him). Then on Phoronix forums you get comments like this one, where someone would prefer that THEY do something else. Something else was not his goal or task. This is not close source development but open source, where you have many different people with different motivations and different goals contributing to various projects. You could have thought that this was clear on a site primarily focused on open source FFS. Jeeeez...

And yeah.. most other developers work to get GTK+ more featureful, performant and bug free (well.. not bug free, but they are reducing bugs) on Linux..

Comment

Linux communities are great.

"We want open, cross platform APIs to make support easy for everybody. Well, except for the platforms we don't like."

Comment

Working...
                    X