Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Beignet Advances On More OpenCL 2.0 Support

Phoronix: Intel Beignet Advances On More OpenCL 2.0 Support

What a wonderful birthday surprise, waking up to see that Intel's open-source Beignet project for OpenCL support on Intel graphics hardware has landed a bunch of OpenCL 2.0 enablement work...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great news.

Comment

Happy birthday Michael.

Now, someone knows if LibreOffice's Calc OpenCL is working with opensource stuff? Last time I checked it only worked with AMD proprietary driver.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
        Now, someone knows if LibreOffice's Calc OpenCL is working with opensource stuff? Last time I checked it only worked with AMD proprietary driver.
        I have a hard time believing the proprietary Nvidia drivers don't work either. I'm actually attempting to give it a shot right now.

I haven't found any info regarding what the specific requirements are for this, but at this rate I don't see how beignet and the open source AMD drivers wouldn't work.

Michael - any interest in benchmarking this between each driver? I figure this would be one of the only real-world OpenCL benchmarks you could have. Since automation is important to you, I figure you could probably have it automated via a macro.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          I have a hard time believing the proprietary Nvidia drivers don't work either. I'm actually attempting to give it a shot right now.

I haven't found any info regarding what the specific requirements are for this, but at this rate I don't see how beignet and the open source AMD drivers wouldn't work.

Michael - any interest in benchmarking this between each driver? I figure this would be one of the only real-world OpenCL benchmarks you could have. Since automation is important to you, I figure you could probably have it automated via a macro.
          If someone can get it automated... As far as I know macros aren't advanced enough to be able to close LO on finish and dump results, etc.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Happy Birthday Michael! How interesting to have the election on your birthday, let's hope you get what you wish for (ooooor?)

Will this be something that AMD can use for their FOSS drivers?

Comment

intel have opencl 2.x drivers for linux for some time, not open ofc

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
                intel have opencl 2.x drivers for linux for some time, not open ofc
                Interestingly, in my experience Beignet is much more stable than the proprietary GPU implementation, which was always throwing "out of resources" for no apparent reason. This was in August, maybe its better now.

Unfortunately, at the time both implementations still had some catching up to do regarding the Nvidia and AMD proprietary implementations. Namely in running minimally complex kernels.

Comment

Working...
                X