OpenGL vs. Vulkan With AMDGPU-PRO 16.40, Compared To NVIDIA On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenGL vs. Vulkan With AMDGPU-PRO 16.40, Compared To NVIDIA On Linux

Phoronix: OpenGL vs. Vulkan With AMDGPU-PRO 16.40, Compared To NVIDIA On Linux

At the end of October AMD released the long-awaited AMDGPU-PRO 16.40 update. For some birthday benchmarking fun today, I finished up a comparison of the AMDGPU-PRO 16.40 stack with its proprietary OpenGL and Vulkan components on various AMD GPUs compared to NVIDIA results using the 375.10 binary driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

TYVM.

Comment

Could you please make the bars thinner in future articles? I have a reasonably-sized laptop display (1600x900), but each graph is 2.5x the height of the screen!

That means a lot of scrolling, and makes at-a-glance comparison impossible. The bars could be a third of the height without affecting the labels, and each graph would fit on a screen.

Comment

Originally posted by FLHerne View Post
        Could you please make the bars thinner in future articles? I have a reasonably-sized laptop display (1600x900), but each graph is 2.5x the height of the screen!

That means a lot of scrolling, and makes at-a-glance comparison impossible. There's no need for them to be so thick.
        Patches welcome. The bar height is based upon estimate for vertical text to side.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by FLHerne View Post

That means a lot of scrolling, and makes at-a-glance comparison impossible. The bars could be a third of the height without affecting the labels, and each graph would fit on a screen.
          1600x900 is not "reasonably sized". Not in 2016. This time I don't think it's PTS's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

1600x900 is not "reasonably sized". Not in 2016. This time I don't think it's PTS's fault.
            Wasn't a pleasure to read on my 1080x1920 (rotated) screen either ...

Comment

Ah, non consistent shitty drivers strikes again, stay tuned to january 26 for the next crap

They can't even do it on stock Ubuntu LTS (let alone all other linux distros), really what a shame AMD what a shame

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

1366x768 is still the most common screen resolution.

Comment

Apparently people aren't aware you can zoom out...

Comment

It probably should be set relative to font size. Don't know if it uses css, but it could just be as simple as setting it to be 1.5 em high or something. Then if the user has big or small fonts it would be adjusted accordingly.

Comment

Working...
                    X