Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Many Xfce Package Updates Bring Stable GTK3 Support, Notifyd Gets Do-Not-Disturb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many Xfce Package Updates Bring Stable GTK3 Support, Notifyd Gets Do-Not-Disturb

Phoronix: Many Xfce Package Updates Bring Stable GTK3 Support, Notifyd Gets Do-Not-Disturb

While it's likely a long time before Xfce 4.14 gets released with full GTK3 tool-kit integration, there are some new Xfce4 package updates available this week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I was afraid this day would come - time to switch to LXQT

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxhippy View Post
      I have been getting most of this updates on archlinux and I dont see the difference from xfce-gtk2 to xfce-gtk3 so I dont understand why people like you are complaining...

Comment

They are doing an awesome job. XFCE has the potential to be the best desktop environment.

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxhippy View Post
          Lots of xfce has been gtk3 for a while now. My only complaint about gtk3 is the gtk3 file chooser using the same text entry for folder path AND the file name. Thanks gnome3.

Comment

Also, remember that GTK3 is a requirement before they can migrate to wayland.

Comment

Xfce was the best DE by far, I wonder what to switch to now… sigh.

Comment

Good to hear about the notifyd change. Sometimes IRC gets really noisy and the only way to shut the notifications up is to go deep into HexChat's preferences and disable them, which is quite annoying. I hope it's easier to toggle this DND mode.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
                  Xfce was the best DE by far, I wonder what to switch to now… sigh.
                  What exactly is your beef? I think XFCE is doing the transition very conservatively, staying on gtk2 is simply not possible. Doing a 1:1 transition is quiter unlike any other DE project has done.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeioth View Post
                    They are doing an awesome job. XFCE has the potential to be the best desktop environment.
                    They're far from it. While I like it much more than gnome 3 it has some weak points in comparison to KDE. KDE's terminal and text editor are simply the best. Furthermore, KDE offers wide range of great native applications while in XFCE we have to use non native ones.

Comment

Working...
                    X