Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME's Mutter 3.22.2 Ships With Many Wayland Fixes

Phoronix: GNOME's Mutter 3.22.2 Ships With Many Wayland Fixes

Normally GNOME point releases aren't too worth mentioning over here, but with this morning's release of GNOME Mutter 3.22.2 it's a bit of a different story...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I havent noticed that many bugs with Gnome on wayland. I would like to see some performance improvements though.
    VLC cant play fullscreen video without stuttering and overall everything seems to run a little slower.

Comment

The window snapping seems a bit better now and the double clicking on top window bar to maximize and restore window size finally seems to be working. These were subtle flaws that were driving me crazy as I use these features a lot.

I really want to use Wayland as my default display server, but Kodi has an annoying flicker and some subtle stuttering that is putting me off.
      I keep trying to build a version of kodi with Wayland support, but I can't find any documentation of what features need enabling/disabling I just keep running into road blocks trying to build it.

Comment

Working...
      X