Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 12.0.4 Released With Dozens Of Fixes

Phoronix: Mesa 12.0.4 Released With Dozens Of Fixes

For those sticking to the Mesa 12.0 stable series until the huge Mesa 13.0 has further stabilized, Mesa 12.0.4 is now available as the latest point release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So we have the padoka and oibaf ppa's for mesa git packages... but is there a reliable source for stable builds? my google foo let me down the other day

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
      So we have the padoka and oibaf ppa's for mesa git packages... but is there a reliable source for stable builds? my google foo let me down the other day
      I just filled a new bug asking for SRU this point release to Yakkety as a regular update, without a need for any PPA:
      [Impact] Mesa 12.0.5 is now available as a point release in the stable branch. Mesa has MRE for these. The release contains multiple fixes amongst which: The nouveau vdpau driver performance has been restored. The wayland-egl module no longer crashes if the user calls eglDestroySurface and wl_egl_window_destroy in the "wrong" order. libEGL correctly advertises the EGL platforms available. Multiple fd leaks were addressed, which could prevent rmmod of devices such as the DisplayLink drivers. ...

Please mark it as affecting you, for faster confirmation.

Also, as I mentioned particularly the RadeonSI fix, if anyone interested in other fix included in this release, you are welcome to comment the bug.

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
        https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/mesa ?

Just wait for the maintainers to upload mesa 12.0.4 to unstable/testing. :-)

Comment

when this release will be available from the official repository?

Comment

Working...
          X