A Number Of KDE Apps Will Be Dropped If They Don't Get Ported To KF5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Number Of KDE Apps Will Be Dropped If They Don't Get Ported To KF5

Phoronix: A Number Of KDE Apps Will Be Dropped If They Don't Get Ported To KF5

Around three dozen apps from the KDE Applications suite could be dropped if they don't see a port from kdelibs4 to KDE Frameworks 5 within the next year...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Kill them with fire. Most of them are just games anyway.

Comment

I have a beautiful solution to this "let's break APIs because we love doing that and we hate porting applications because we love Plasma and people should enjoy running Plasma and nothing else".

Drop KDE5 altogether. Stop wasting your time because KDE5 is slowly dying anyways.

First you dropped multiple KDE3 applications because you were busy fixing a gazillion of regressions and bugs in KDE4.
      Then you dropped multiple KDE3/4 applications because you were busy fixing a gazillion of regressions and bugs in KDE5.

Oh, I've got an even better solution: create KDE6 and drop everything but Plasma. Plasma itself should be enough for everyone.

Comment

Why would we want unmaintained apps with throwback UX and not staying up to date mixed in with the new, shiny and fab apps? Thanks for the list none of those seemed critical to me personally but then I'm not really a KDE tech myself at this time.

Comment

Excellent choice.

Comment

The only app from that list that I care is Kget. But only use it from time to time. Looks like Amarok got the port to KDE5, but where the hell is the release? I think the last one is from 3 years ago and the I know the development didn't stop.

Comment

I am worried about kdialog.

Comment

What about SpecialK!?
                Hi

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
                  The only app from that list that I care is Kget. But only use it from time to time. Looks like Amarok got the port to KDE5, but where the hell is the release? I think the last one is from 3 years ago and the I know the development didn't stop.
                  Amarok was never part of KDE Applications. It is an extragear application and port to KF5 is not completed. Unfortunately Amarok doesn't seem to be maintained.

Comment

Originally posted by roberth View Post
                    I am worried about kdialog.
                    Isn't kdialog already KF5?

Comment

Working...
                    X