Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siemens Is Buying Out Mentor Graphics

Phoronix: Siemens Is Buying Out Mentor Graphics

German conglomerate Siemens has announced they are acquiring Mentor Graphics, a company that's involved with Linux in several areas...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

To be honest, I only know Mentor Graphics for ModelSim and other tools for FPGA and IC development. Their involvement in GCC and Linux was unknown for me until today.

Comment

Originally posted by blubbaer View Post
      To be honest, I only know Mentor Graphics for ModelSim and other tools for FPGA and IC development. Their involvement in GCC and Linux was unknown for me until today.
      Maybe you know Codesourcery? Mentor graphics bought them, and pretty much dried up all relevant support, that was their involvement.
      I tried to add some fixes and DL their sourcecode, which comes with a ridiculous huge bash file that has the dumped statements from one of their builds. Thats pretty much a FU, can`t do anything with it.

Comment

I think it´s a bad thing they got bought by Siemens, as they tend to develop closed unecesarry super complex standards / protect their IP really heavily..

Comment

Working...
        X