NVIDIA 375.20 Adds X.Org Server 1.19 Support, Stabilizes Other Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 375.20 Adds X.Org Server 1.19 Support, Stabilizes Other Changes

Phoronix: NVIDIA 375.20 Adds X.Org Server 1.19 Support, Stabilizes Other Changes

NVIDIA today issued the 375.20 Linux driver release as their first in the stable 375 driver series for Linux/Solaris/FreeBSD...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sweet. I'm upgrading to F25 tonight.

Comment

Keep the SLI fixes coming! Particularly those for 4k@60hz because when I was trying to get SLI going with two screens it kept defaulting my 4k screen to 30hz, quite annoying. Then there was some fricken ~backbuffer compatibility error cropping up now and again...

Comment

What about full OPTIMUS support and flexible without requiring Bumblebee?

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
          Is this driver version patched for gcc 6 pie? Otherwise in fresh distros you need to use: env CC="gcc-5"
          There are other, less global options. One may, for example, pass a -ccbin option to nvcc, telling it what c++ compiler to use:
          -ccbin=/usr/local/gcc/gccc-5.4.0/bin/g++
          Then all your .cu files will be compiled with gcc-5.4.0. The rest of your project can compile with system gcc-6.2.0. Use the latter to link the cuda host files in.

Comment

I am sure people gonna cry without this mentioned in changelog

Removed the "Enable Tooltip" option in nvidia-settings for the GTK 2 interface.

Comment

They also advertise G-SYNC support on notebook display to be fixed. I haven't tested yet (waiting for deb packages)...
              Until now, probably all G-SYNC capable notebooks had broken G-SYNC, i.e. always disabled and the checkbox in nvidia-settings was not even available.

Comment

Originally posted by pipe13 View Post

There are other, less global options. One may, for example, pass a -ccbin option to nvcc, telling it what c++ compiler to use:
                -ccbin=/usr/local/gcc/gccc-5.4.0/bin/g++
                Then all your .cu files will be compiled with gcc-5.4.0. The rest of your project can compile with system gcc-6.2.0. Use the latter to link the cuda host files in.

Uhhhhh. That smells really BAD!

Do you see? This is one of the tons of reasons to dislike proprietary drivers. It's bad from multiple technical, security and ethical point of views.

Comment

For now working without issues (for now tested on wine) on xubuntu 16.04 x64 (manual installation) with lastest updates (kernel 4.4.0.49)

Comment

Beware of a severe bug for some users, so far reported on GTX970 and 980. This driver breaks games such as Deus Ex MD or Shadow of Mordor, as well as some desktop environments.
                    See https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/t...20-on-a-gtx970 and https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articl...age=5#comments

Comment

Working...
                    X