Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rspamd 1.4 Comes With Many Spam Filtering Improvements

Phoronix: Rspamd 1.4 Comes With Many Spam Filtering Improvements

For those using Rspamd for open-source e-mail spam filtering, the new version 1.4 release is now available as a big, stable feature update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Whoa... with that name, I thought for a second that systemd had a mailserver in it

Comment

Originally posted by gufide View Post
      Whoa... with that name, I thought for a second that systemd had a mailserver in it
      maild incoming.

Comment

FYI: many programs that run as daemons end with "d", systemd is just keeping the tradition. No need to go "yikes!" any time you see a name ending with "d".

syslogd
        ntpd
        ftpd
        rpc.mountd

and so on.

Comment

wondering how many people use rspamd.. i tried it a while ago and wasnt entirely satisfied, so went back to spamd+clamav. might be that rspamd caught up functionality wise though (spamd+clamavd is pretty damn slow and rspamd seems nicer by design)

Comment

Originally posted by balouba View Post
            wondering how many people use rspamd.. i tried it a while ago and wasnt entirely satisfied, so went back to spamd+clamav. might be that rspamd caught up functionality wise though (spamd+clamavd is pretty damn slow and rspamd seems nicer by design)
            We are using it on our servers (since version 1.2) and the results so far are really great. For small servers I like that it uses much less memory and CPU than SpamAssassin - on high volume machines it provides a lot of sophisticated algorithms to provide a superb filtering experience. We switched to rspamd when we saw bad filtering results with SpamAassassin and I can really recommend rspamd over SpamAssassin any time now.

That being said there are a few (potential) negatives to keep in mind:
            - by default rspamd checks only the delivering server and not other Received-lines (as SpamAssassin does). That means rspamd might detect some spam as ham if the remote machine is just a forwarder.
            - rspamd is mostly a one person project while SpamAssassin has a much bigger community. This is not a problem when it comes to support (reaction times are great!) but more about increasing the truck number.
            - when we started using rspamd we had to report a couple of bugs, especially around DKIM/DMARC detection. However these were fixed long ago.
            - rspamd is written in C (which is good for performance + RAM consumption) but is potentially susceptible to all the common mistakes you can do in C (buffer overflows, etc).

Comment

It's only a matter of time...

Comment

Originally posted by schwarzman View Post

We are using it on our servers (since version 1.2) and the results so far are really great. For small servers I like that it uses much less memory and CPU than SpamAssassin - on high volume machines it provides a lot of sophisticated algorithms to provide a superb filtering experience. We switched to rspamd when we saw bad filtering results with SpamAassassin and I can really recommend rspamd over SpamAssassin any time now.

That being said there are a few (potential) negatives to keep in mind:
                - by default rspamd checks only the delivering server and not other Received-lines (as SpamAssassin does). That means rspamd might detect some spam as ham if the remote machine is just a forwarder.
                - rspamd is mostly a one person project while SpamAssassin has a much bigger community. This is not a problem when it comes to support (reaction times are great!) but more about increasing the truck number.
                - when we started using rspamd we had to report a couple of bugs, especially around DKIM/DMARC detection. However these were fixed long ago.
                - rspamd is written in C (which is good for performance + RAM consumption) but is potentially susceptible to all the common mistakes you can do in C (buffer overflows, etc).
                Rust fork comming in 3, 2, 1, ...

Comment

Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post
                  It's only a matter of time...
                  Oh come on, you're a fine guy on many things....

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                    Oh come on, you're a fine guy on many things....
                    It's a joke. I hope...

Comment

Working...
                    X