Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 25 Officially Released & I Highly Recommend It

Phoronix: Fedora 25 Officially Released & I Highly Recommend It

Fedora 25 was officially christened this morning...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

If someone gets the KDE spin, let me know the impressions.

Comment

Can someone point me to the torrent download page?
      I can't see any torrent links on their website.
      I don't trust web browser downloads when it comes to integrity.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
        Can someone point me to the torrent download page?
        I can't see any torrent links on their website.

Comment

Going to run it alongside my arch installation in a VM with passthrough.

Comment

Originally posted by cen1 View Post
            If someone gets the KDE spin, let me know the impressions.
            My experience is, that KDE integration in Fedora is not the best. I tried it on Fedora 24 and I had to struggle with KDE Wallet which always wanted the master password when I launched Chrome. It was really annoying and when I filed a bug report on the KDE bug tracker, they said, I could install a plugin which inserts automatically my credentials for KDE Wallet. When I said that this is not a user friendly default behaviour, they said, that the distributor is responsible how they handle security.
            I've never used a desktop where some service ask me for a password when I start a browser (per session)! I've used Windows, Mac, Gnome, Unity etc. and all of them hadn't such a shitty default behaviour. After filing some KDE bugs, I switched back to Gnome...

Comment

Did they backport the mutter-eglstream patches for NVIDIA on GNOME Wayland ?

Comment

Originally posted by Steffo View Post

My experience is, that KDE integration in Fedora is not the best. I tried it on Fedora 24 and I had to struggle with KDE Wallet which always wanted the master password when I launched Chrome. It was really annoying and when I filed a bug report on the KDE bug tracker, they said, I could install a plugin which inserts automatically my credentials for KDE Wallet. When I said that this is not a user friendly default behaviour, they said, that the distributor is responsible how they handle security.
                I've never used a desktop where some service ask me for a password when I start a browser (per session)! I've used Windows, Mac, Gnome, Unity etc. and all of them hadn't such a shitty default behaviour. After filing some KDE bugs, I switched back to Gnome...
                I really don't see your problem here. You want an app to insert your passwords automatically, but you'd rather that app itself was not password protected? Because that's what "inserts automatically my credentials" basically means.
                Oh wait, you use other OSes that do exactly that. I guess I have my answer.

Michael I love how you call X "legacy" when it is the default on all but one distro

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                  maybe it is time for you to discover checksum files accompanying isos ?

Comment

Originally posted by Steffo View Post

I have to agree with you here. It is really annoying. But basically you have to file your bug report with chromium not KDE.

Comment

Working...
                    X