Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total War: WARHAMMER NVIDIA Linux Benchmarks

Phoronix: Total War: WARHAMMER NVIDIA Linux Benchmarks

With Feral Interactive releasing Total War: WARHAMMER for Linux this morning, you are probably curious how well this Linux OpenGL game port will perform with your graphics card prior to spending $60 USD for the game. Up now are my NVIDIA GeForce benchmarks for Total War: WARHAMMER on Ubuntu Linux with nine different graphics cards. In the hours ahead will be the relevant AMD tests with this newest AAA Linux game as soon as I finish up that testing.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

we have report that this port is faster on radeonsi than on dx11
    could someone compare nvidia blob linux vs dx11?

Comment

The screenshots look a bit too dark...

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
        The screenshots look a bit too dark...
        That might be because Michael do benchmarks in basement

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
          already found it, linux is about 75%

Comment

Only with the most recent patches checked in today.

My guess is Michael will test with a PPA from before those changes, so expect 25% slower.

Comment

I don't have AMD hardware to test, but here: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articl...and-video.8573

If you scroll down and expand the spoiler dropdowns, I list the relative performance percentage to Windows DX11.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

Only with the most recent patches checked in today.

My guess is Michael will test with a PPA from before those changes, so expect 25% slower.
                Thank You and Very interesting.. Would you kindly provide a link to your recent changes?

Comment

Originally posted by gururise View Post

Thank You and Very interesting.. Would you kindly provide a link to your recent changes?
                  Gears On Gallium is reporting the recent async optimized shader variants feature Marek added provides a 25% performance boost to this game.

http://www.gearsongallium.com/?p=3535 - source claiming perf boost

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ader-Var-Async - article about the feature that was just added

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/me...b20d5ff86f1ebc - last commit by Marek as part of a series. Likely one of the previous commits here is what's responsible, but that one should contain it.

Comment

Originally posted by gururise View Post

Posted. We'll see how long it takes Phoronix to approve. Should show up eventually.

Comment

Working...
                    X